The Arther Law Firm`s Externship/Internship Program
Thank you for your interest in The Arther Law Firm`s Externship/Internship Program. This is no ordinary externship/internship opportunity: it is highly competitive, fun and challenging. Each selected extern/intern will gain practical and legal experience through many real world assignments and situations. If you have passion for the law, music, film, fashion, international business, and are seeking a stimulating career then perhaps you are candidate for this program.
What We Do
At The Arther Law Firm we specialize in the areas of Entertainment/Fashion Law, Domestic & International Business and Intellectual Property Law.
Students in our externship/internship program are ultimately supervised by the Managing Partner, Anthony Arther, who assigns specific tasks and provides oversight and feedback. Our “of counsel” associate attorneys, law clerk and staff may also provide additional oversight and supervision.
A bulk of your time will be devoted to various research and writing assignments (particularly Client and Attorney Memos and Blog). Additional duties include assisting with drafting, redlining, reviewing documents, negotiating deals for International media companies, and meeting various entertainment and Fashion Industry clientele and personalities in NYC.
- Applicants MUST commit to at least one semester of work. Applicants are responsible for coordinating with their schools to obtain credit, if necessary.
- MUST be a serious minded and responsible law student with an interest in Intellectual Property, Entertainment Law (music, film, and fashion), and International Business Law (Japan and Europe).
- MUST have a laptop and be proficient in MS Word, and have strong research skills.
If interested please send the Following:
2) Cover Letter,
3) Writing Sample, and if possible
4) Website link (such as Linkedin, Facebook or Myspace page).
Please note that we do receive a large number of applications for these positions. We therefore regret that we are only able to personally respond to those candidates who pass the initial screening and are considered for an interview.
If accepted, we will notify you accordingly.
We are looking forward to helping you in your career.